Objective: Write an algorithm to replace all spaces in a given string with ‘%20′. You can consider that string has enough space at the end of the string to hold the extra characters.
Input: A String and true length of a string
Output: Updated string in which each space is replaced by the ‘%20′
Example: Input String : I am Sumit Jain Output String : I%20am%20Sumit%20Jain
- Count the total spaces in a string in one iteration, say the count is spaceCount
- Calculate the new length of a string by newLength = length + 2*spaceCount; (we need two more places for each space since %20 has 3 characters, one character will occupy the blank space and for rest two we need extra space)
- Do another iteration in reverse direction
- If you encounter the space, for next 3 spaces put %,2,0.
- If you encounter the character, copy it
Input String : I am Sumit Jain Output String : I%20am%20Sumit%20Jain