Find The Longest Sequence Of Prefix Shared By All The Words In A String
Objective: Write an algorithm to find The Longest Sequence Of Prefix Shared By All The Words In A String. This interesting problem was asked in the Google interview for software engineer. This problem is bit tricky, it looks difficult but actually it is simple problem.
Input: A String
Output: The longest sequence of prefix common in all the words in a string
“Bedroom BedClock BedTable BedWall” => “Bed”
- Split the input by blank space and store it in arrA.
- Create int resultLen and store the first index string length in it (int resultLen = arrA.length())
- Create another interger variable, int curr
- Now run a loop in rest of the array.
- Check if curr < resultLen and curr<length of current string in a loop
- If so check if character at curr position matched in first index string and with the current string a loop, if so, increase curr by 1
- Change resultLen = curr
- Return substring of resultLen length
Output: Original String : Sumit Summation Summit Sum Common Prefix is : Sum