Objective: Given a binary tree, Find the maximum path sum from one leaf node to another.
Input: A binary tree.
- Now we will calculate the max path sum between two leaves node
- So our max path will be either on the left sub tree OR
- Our max path will be either on the right sub tree OR
- Our max path will have some part in left and some part in right and passes through through the root
- Take a variable say, “maxSoFar=0” this will our final result.
- Do postOrder traversal, This will give you result from left and right subtree
- Now at each node calcuate sumCurrent =Max of (result of leftSubtree,result of RightSubtree, result of leftSubtree+result of RightSubtree + Root data)
- if(maxSoFar<sumCurrent) then maxSoFar = sumCurrent
- At each node return max(result of leftSubtree,result of RightSubtree)+root.data;
- See Picture
Max Path Sum Between Two Leaves is 24